[delegate-en/1228] [Reference:<_A1227@delegate-en.ML_>]
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Authorized Usernames/passwords list on ftp proxy for single login?
04 Jul 2001 04:35:56 GMT Fernando Cassia <>

Thanks for the quick reply, Yukata!.

The new version sounds really interesting!. BTW: the problem with using the "CWD
user:host" is that I do not want the end users to know the end system's password,
and that way it would be displayed during the login process on certain clients.

Perhaps there would be a way to make delegated connect and STAY connected to the
destination ftp server using the (secret) login/password, and then "fake" beign a
server to the end clients? (so they don't even see the login message to the final
"proxied" server?

Hrmm. Tell me what you think.

Buenos Aires, Argentina