On 01/29/99(18:46) you Ertan Payci <email@example.com> wrote
in <_A247@delegate-en.ML_> (nntp://coe/mail-lists.delegate-en/247):
|recently, i reported an error dealing with nntp-connections. Here is a piece of
|the logfile. The config-file is following immediatly. After that, there is
|another questions i have:
|01/29 10:28:32.97  1+0: ## S-C 200 news.is-europe.net InterNetNews NNRP
|server INN 1.7.2 08-Dec-1997 (NiD/ks-981031) ready (posting ok).^M 01/29
|01/29 10:28:33.25  1+0/1: ## S-C 501 Bad command use [MODE READER]
|01/29 10:28:33.25  1+0/1: LIST:  ERROR: 501 Bad command use^M
|01/29 10:28:33.25  1+0/1: LIST: put 0 bytes, FATAL=1 RESP=501 Bad command
I have questions to figure out what is happening.
- Doesn't the problem occurs when you connected the server without DeleGate ?
- What is your news client ?
- What will happen when you use DeleGate like this:
% delegated -P119 -v SERVER=tcprelay://news.is-europe.net:119
If this works, then something is wrong in NNTP-DeleGate
- What will be put if you use the following as a NNTP-DeleGate
% delegated -P119 -f SERVER=nntp://news.is-europe.net FTOCL=-tee-h FFROMCL=-tee
This will show the conversation between the client and the server.
# I could reproduce the situation like in your log with:
# % telnet localhost nntp
# MODE READER
# LIST X
# Unfortunately the logging of the very command which caused the error
# is missed in the log by my mistake.
- Is the following is as is in your parameter file?
|EXPIRE=1d CRON="0 * * * * -expire 2d"
- What does the first line means?
- The CRON parameter in the second line will be ignored since you can
write only a parameter each line
Yutaka Sato <firstname.lastname@example.org> http://www.etl.go.jp/~ysato/ @ @
Computer Science Division, Electrotechnical Laboratory ( - )
1-1-4 Umezono, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, 305-8568 Japan _< >_