[delegate-en/3616] [Reference:<_A3614@delegate-en.ML_>]
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

Re: Trying to get selectable-SOCKS working (application level routing)
25 Jan 2007 11:19:48 GMT     feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

you "Timothy Brown" <pdyhabdyi.ml@delegate.org> wrote:
 |The goal here, ultimately, is two use cases:
 |
 | - at work, use direct connection only for my domain (local), SSH tunnel
 | for everything else

You can use SOCKS for destination hosts belong to .local domain as this:
SOCKS="sockshost:1080:!*.local"

 | - at home or VPN, use SSH tunnels for chosen connections to certain
 | hosts, but direct for everything else

You can enumerate hosts to be relayed via SOCKS as this:
SOCKS="sockshost:1080:host1,host2"

 |I would like to know how to do both use cases.  I have followed the
 |examples but I am not having much luck.

If your DeleGate is to act as a SOCKS proxy, specify a SERVER parameter
as this:
SERVER=socks

Thus for example, your DeleGate as a SOCKS proxy to select upstream SOCKS
proxies based on destination hosts can be like this:

  delegated -P1080 SERVER=socks \
    SOCKS="sockshost2:1080:host1,host1" \
    SOCKS="sockshost1:1080:!*.local"