[delegate-en/4125] [Reference:]
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

Re: performance measurements and socks question
11 Sep 2008 12:10:53 GMT     Andre <pzyhqbdyi.ml@delegate.org>

Yutaka Sato schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> In message  on 09/11/08(11:51:18) I wrote:
>  | |We would also like to know whether it is possible to use the BIND
>  | command to open a specific port on the SOCKS server
>  | |not just for one client connection, but for multiple client connections.
>  |Is it possible with other implementations of a SOCKS server?
>  |Since the tcp connection established by the BIND command on the SOCKS
>  |protocol becomes a transparent connection with the remote peer after
>  |the ACCEPT command, there is no chance to reuse it for another ACCEPT.
>
> If your intension is just to use a persistent port (as 80/HTTP)
> to accept client's connection via the SOCKS server, (not to repeat
> ACCEPT on the same SOCKS connection), you can use SRCIF with PORTS as this:
>
>   PORTS="xx.xx.xx.xx:80"
>   SRCIF="xx.xx.xx.xx:80:tcpbind"
>
> If necessary, you can restrict this mapping of reserved port-number based
> on the destination host (to be indicated by the SOCKS client) and the
> IP-address of the SOCKS client's host, or by user name with AUTHORIZER.

This is my intention, but I would like to be able to do this at runtime,
so that I send a command to the server server that there is a service X
which wants
to accept connections through the server at a specific port. And this
should be a persistent port, possibly with timeout.

Regards,
Andre
  search upper oldest olders older1 this newer1 newers latest