[delegate-en/5027] [Reference:]
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

Re: DeleGate Proxy forwarding
28 Mar 2012 09:34:21 GMT     feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

In message  on 03/28/12(01:20:50)
you "Gary Burch"  wrote:
 |I was wondering if you could help me with an unusual setup of DeleGate.
 |I would like to configure it to forward all requests it receives onto an
 |upstream proxy, and to always use a specific username to authenticate to
 |that proxy.  I have tried several combinations of FORWARD and MYAUTH,
 |but I always get a 407 or a 503 error.

I don't think your usage is unusual and I can test it as follows:

## an upstream HTTP proxy that requires User=u and Pass=p
delegated -P9999 -fv SERVER=http AUTHORIZER="-list{u:p}"

## your HTTP proxy forwarding to the upstream proxy with a given auth. info.
delegated -P9998 -fv SERVER=http PROXY=localhost:9999 MYAUTH="u:p:http-proxy"

## a HTTP client using your proxy
delegated -Fdget -fv PROXY=localhost:9998 http://www.delegate.org -h -c

  9 9   Yutaka Sato (CSDP,ITIL-F,OCUP-A,Security+,ISTQB-F)
  search upper oldest olders older1 this newer1 newers latest