Article delegate-en/269 of [1-5106] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

09 Feb 1999 16:42:10 GMT     "Erekose Ermizhad" <pbuaqbdyi-dyrsqcrootp6.ml@delegate.org>

Hi,

I am running delegate 5.8.8 On Linux 2.0.36 (i586) with 16 MB RAM.
I plan to use Delegate to act as a proxy server (http and ftp mainly ...
maybe pop and smtp later on) for my internal users [those woth illegal
IPs].

I read the manual on how to invoke delegate but i might missed some of
the imporant points there.  Normally I start delegate by issuing the
following command
./delegated -P5000 -vv PERMIT="*:*:2.2.2.*,*:*:198.1.1.45" so that only
machines on segment 2.2.2.0 and host with IP address 198.1.1.45 can use
my proxy.  Is this the right command to use ??? Or is there a better way
to do this.  Also I need to ask U this.  I just found that I was able to
access and use my http proxy server from outside with IP address that is
not permitted in the host list.  I dialed to my ISP and then just wanna
check whether I could use my delegate proxy server.  I thought I would
be denied access, however it was not !!!.  Why ???

lAstly,  I woukd like to know how to define delegate in inetd ???

Yer attention and help is very much appreciated

  search upper oldest olders older1 this newer1 newers latest
Generated:10/02 15:24:29 (1 sec) Expires:10/02 15:24:28 @_@V