Article delegate-en/2940 of [1-5097] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

Re: delegate ICAP support
10 May 2005 14:57:57 GMT     feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

you Schoch Andreas <pl4fqbdyi-zemdwl4pynh6.ml@delegate.org> wrote:
 |using delegate as application proxy for special communications we have
 |the requirement to virus scan this
 |traffic. we are using  trendmicro scan engines using ICAP protocol.
 |Does delegate support a configuration like this?
 |Searching on delegate.org I did not found infos about  ICAP support.
 |(found only also a question about ICAP support)

I have never considered it because no one asked me about it :)
Since DeleGate has a generic function to feed a message to filter program,
that is filtering a request to a server (by FTOSV parameter) or a
response to client (by FTOCL), it can be supported outside of DeleGate.

                                         FTOSV
                                          | |
            +------------->+           +--+ *-------->+
    client -+              +- DeleGate +              + server
            +<--------+ +--+           +<-------------+
                      | |
                     FTOCL
                      | |
                 (stdin to stdout)
                   filter program

For example, usually, the FTOCL filter is realized as a local filter
program from stdin to stdout and specified as FTOCL=command.
Tentatively, it can be directed to remote TCP port with as
FTOCL=tcprelay://host:port

These generic mechanism might cause a little or significant overhead
depending on the application protocol.  It the overhead is not acceptable,
it might be necessary to support ICAP directly in DeleGate's core.

Generated:07/27 04:13:23 (1 sec) Expires:07/27 04:13:22 @_@V