Article delegate-en/3612 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] How to bypass an upstream proxy server?
23 Jan 2007 15:10:05 GMT pdqhabdyi-m6tfebl7ix6r.ml@ml.delegate.org

Hello,

I guess our problem is easy to solve if I would know how to do it right...
;-)

The normal internet access in our company takes place about a proxy server
with user login and password. This proxy server is located at a remote
data center to which we have no access. Now some of our users must have
access to a special https-site (https://www.grundbuch-sh.de/egbaks). This
site uses a Java applet which is automatically downloaded if the user
rights for the proxy server allow it. But for security reasons most of our
users are not allowed to download software from the internet and so we
have to look for another solution.

This is where delegate was brought into play. Our idea is to use a special
proxy user with download rights on our delegate server to connect to the
data center proxy server and from there access the https-site. Our users
would connect with the delegate proxy server and could not exploit the
additional rights of the proxy user because the access is restricted to
this special site.

Is that possible with delegate and if yes how? Right now we had no success
with the different configurations we had tried and we're running out of
ideas. Maybe someone with a little more experience can help us? :-)

Our actual configuration:

$DELEGATED_BIN \
        ADMIN="$MAIL" \
        SERVER=http \
        MYAUTH="user:password" \
        $PORT \
        MOUNT="/* https://www.grundbuch-sh.de/egbaks/*" \
        DGROOT="$DIR" \
        PERMIT="$PERMIT" \
        SSLTUNNEL="$SSLTUNNEL" \
        HTTPCONF="ver:1.1"

Where:

SSLTUNNEL="hostname.remoteproxy.datacenter.de:xxxx"
PORT="-P8083"
PERMIT="*:193.101.67.139:*.our.domain.name/@"

What are we doing wrong?? Any help is appreciated!

Regards,

Dirk

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************

Der Austausch von Nachrichten mit der Nord-Ostsee Sparkasse mittels E-Mail dient ausschlieテ殕ich Informationszwecken.
Rechtsgeschテ、ftliche Erklテ、rungen dテシrfen テシber dieses Medium nicht ausgetauscht werden.
Verfテ、lschungen des ursprテシnglichen Inhaltes dieser Nachricht bei der Datenテシbertragung kテカnnen nicht ausgeschlossen werden.

Sollten Sie diese Nachricht irrtテシmlich erhalten haben, setzen Sie sich bitte mit uns in Verbindung und lテカschen diese.

Wir danken Ihnen fテシr Ihr Verstテ、ndnis.

Mit freundlichen Grテシテ歹n

Nord-Ostsee Sparkasse

HRA 4296 AG Flensburg