Article delegate-en/3950 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Use Delegate as Transparent Proxy?
03 Apr 2008 03:03:24 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

you "Brad Konia" <plihqbdyi-aj46qzhs2lfr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |I'm trying to setup Delegate as a transparent proxy that can forward all TCP
 |traffic from Server A to the Internet via Server B. In other words, I would
 |like to make it appear as though traffic is originating from the IP address
 |of Server B, even though it's really originating from Server A. Normally
 |this would be accomplished using SOCKS, but in this case, for various
 |technical reasons, it's not practical to socksify the applications running
 |on Server A.
 |
 |Here's an example of what I mean:
 |
 |1. Start a Delegate on Server A: delegated -P10800 ADMIN=
 |email@somedomain.. SERVER=delegate MASTER="ServerB:10800"
 |
 |1. Use IPTables to redirect all outgoing TCP traffic from Server A to the
 |Delegate running on Server A: iptables -t nat -A OUTPUT -p tcp -j REDIRECT
 |--to-ports 10800

 |3. Start a Delegate on Server B: delegated -P10800 ADMIN=
 |email@somedomain.. SERVER=delegate PERMIT="ServerA"
 |
 |I realize the above configuration doesn't work. I'm able to get the two
 |Delegates to talk to one another, but I can't figure out a way to use the
 |Delegate on the proxy server as a gateway to the Internet for Server A.
 |
 |Is it possible to use Delegate for this purpose?

I supported "SO_ORIGINAL_DST" in DeleGate/9.8.2-pre19 as written in
<URL:http://www.delegate.org/mail-lists/delegate-en/3938> and it will be
applicable to your case.  The configuration could be like follows:

ServerA:
  delegated -P10800 SERVER=tcprelay://odst.-:- SOCKS=ServerB:10800

ServerB:
  delegated -P10800 SERVER=socks