Article delegate-en/4129 of [1-5119] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] VSAP and HTTP/ACCEPT (Re: performance measurements and socks question)
11 Sep 2008 15:23:04 GMT (Yutaka Sato)

you Andre <> wrote:
 |The functionality you implemented in the VSAP protocol is actually not
 |possible with other SOCKS implementations and I also suspected this to
 |be an extension of the socks protocol. But the possibility is actually
 |quite neat :) and this is exactly what I'm looking for. Might it be
 |possible to get a translation of the
 |japanese version?

The only documentation of VSAP is in its source file "src/vsap.c"
VSAP was designed to replace the SOCKS protocol (but not :p)
It is totally different from SOCKS protocol (but can wrap it if necessary)
The VSAP protocol is very simple and you can test it as follows:

  A  % delegated -P9999 SERVER=vsap -fv
  (VSAP-client acting as a server)
  B  % telnet localhost 9999
  C  BIND *:9998
  d  VSAP/0.1 210 1 bound.
  f  VSAP/0.1 220 listen ok.
  i  VSAP/0.1 230 1 accepted.
  l  aaa
  M  bbb
  (a client)
  H  % telnet localhost 9998
  K  aaa
  n  bbb

And I'm reminded that I made another similar protocol as an extension for
the HTTP protocol adding new "ACCEPT" method.
The specification is in "src/htaccept.c" :)

  A  % delegated -P9999 SERVER=http -fv HTTPCONF=methods:+,ACCEPT REMITTABLE=+,tcprelay

  (HTTP-client acting as a server)
  B  % telnet localhost 9999
  C  ACCEPT *:9998 HTTP/1.1
  d  HTTP/1.1 100 bound