Article delegate-en/4235 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Reverse Proxy question
29 Nov 2008 15:16:25 GMT Jeff <pyqhqbdyi-bfkmicdyir3r.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Hi Yutaka

For this discussion:
localhost=172.20.5.129
LAN server to be proxied=172.20.5.115 (due to localhost having a faster link
to this server over the wireless community network)
Internet server to be proxied via news24.local: www.news24.com

My configuration parameters look as follows:
win-dg.exe -P80 SERVER=http MOUNT="/* http://172.20.5.115/* MOUNT="/*
http://www.news24.com/* avhost=news24.local" -f ADMIN=jeff@localhost -v

So what happens is, when a user navigates to 172.20.5.129 (localhost) from
the network using the IP only , they are served the page at www.news24.com.
If the user uses http://news24.local from the LAN, they get the
www.news24.com page as well. If I switch the order of the MOUNT= commands,
the original page at 172.20.5.129 gets served (i.e. the proxied 172.20.5.115)
if the user specifies the IP address only or the news.local DNS name. So it
appears to ignore the avhost= option.

Ideally, I want to be able to serve the page at 172.20.5.115:80 over the
delegate proxy running at 172.20.5.129:80 without specifying a virtual host
or DNS name (so the user only types in http://172.20.5.129). Then in
addition, I would like to serve a variety of webpages (news, weather etc)
from the Internet to the community network using specific DNS names such as
news.local or weather.local if possible. As I understand the documentation,
the challenge may be the first requirement and that the IP-only server might
be the issue. Or maybe I am specifying the parameters incorrectly? Is it OK
to just string together the MOUNT= commands as above?

Thanks in advance. Hope this clears up the situation

Regards,
Jeff