Article delegate-en/4270 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: SOCKMUX
17 Dec 2008 05:11:59 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

you Deborah Charan <puyiabdyi-bfkmicbeir3r.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |host A --> ./delegated SOCKMUX=hostA:8000:acc SERVER=socks -P1080
 |host B --> ./delegated SOCKMUX=hostA:8000:con SERVER=socks -P8010
 |SOCKS=hostA:1080
 |
 |It's still unclear what the ports should be?  This does not work as is.
 |What port should host B specify for the SOCKS Server? "SOCKS=hostA:???"
 |In your example you have port 2080, but I'm not sure where that comes
 |from?  Did the socks configuration specify port 2080?  Which config does
 |it use?

I'm not sure what is "my example" but as you noticed, the host:port value
of the SOCKS parameter is not cared in the current implementation and
something like SOCKS="-:0" also works.  A SOCKS parameter is necessary to
indicate forwarding to the next SOCKS server (a DeleGate as a SOCKS server
over SockMux in this case) from this DeleGate.
Also you can restrict the terget hosts to be forwarded to the next hop by
SOCKS parameter as SOCKS="-:0:*.localdomain,!192.168.1.0/24" for example.

 |Once again, any help is appreciated.  I'd just like to see what happens
 |when the data is tunneled.

If your internsion is just to reduce memory usage for socket buffers,
you can do it only with SOCKS, without SockMux.  There is a configuration
parameter to set the size of the socket buffers to be used as
MAXIMA=socksend:1024,sockrecv:1024 for example.
But unfortunately, it seems not implemented to be applied to sockets for
SOCKS.