Article delegate-en/4412 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: File Size depended routing. Is it possible?
14 Mar 2009 04:04:31 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

you Alex B <phiiqbdyi-qjyh54n5stxr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |I've got 2 up links: one unlimited but slow, and another fast but
 |expensive. So I'd like automatically route big files through slow link
 |and small files through the fast link. Is it possible to do with delegated?

Routing hinted or controlled by application level intelligence is one of
the interesting applications of DeleGate I thought originally on the
beginning of the development 15 years ago.
An interesting application at that time was separating two routes for uplink
and downlink between chained DeleGate to utilize satellite communication
efficiently.  Just for the application I introduced the RPORT parameter.

But there have never so strong requirements to it thus not so developed.
Anyway I'll try it in future and your case might be helpful to think
about it based on a real application.  For a specific case, it might be
realized with a small extension to the current implementation.
Candidate features to which the extension is applied are as follows:

  PROXY  ... if you have proxies on each route (or SOCKS, MASTER)
  SERVER ... if your server has multiple network interfaces for each route
  SRCIF  ... if your host has multiple network interfaces to each route
  MOUNT  ... if your servers are listed and controllable in MOUNT

DeleGate can control routing based on protocol, destination (server host
and port), and source (client host, authentication).  It might be extended
to map application level intelligence like the size of data to one of them
as a pseudo one.
In the case a connection can be established after the size is got, as in
HTTP or FTP data, it might be easily realized.
So I wish to know more about your case.