Article delegate-en/4781 of [1-5108] on the server localhost:119
[Reference:]
Re: Filter development
Fri, 02 Apr 2010     Yutaka Sato

Hi,

In message  on 03/31/10(18:01:03)
you =?iso-8859-1?Q?Jes=FAs_DIEGO_FERN=C1NDEZ?= wrote:
 |I would like to develop a simple FCL filter for DeleGate but, unfortunately, I
 have not been able to find any documentation describing how to do it. Peeping through
 the src I have seen that the fds 0 and 1 should have the handles to the client and
 server flows, but I could not go any further.

 |Questions:

 |-          Is there any description of DeleGate filter development?

It is described as follows in the reference manual:

  <URL:http://www.delegate.org/delegate/Manual.htm#CFIscript>
  > filterName="filterSpec"
  > CMAP="filterSpec":filterName:connMap
  >
  >  filterName  ==  FCL | FTOCL | FFROMCL |
  >                  FSV | FTOSV | FFROMSV |
  >                  FMD | FTOMD | FFROMMD
  >  filterSpec  ==  filterCommand | CFIscriptName
  >                  | tcprelay://host:port
  >filterName is named as FXX, FTOXX and FFROMXX where XX is one of CL (client),
  >SV (server) and MD (MASTER-DeleGate). Filter commands for FXX are
  >bidirectional filter given file descriptor 0 bound for the client, and file
  >descriptor 1 bound for the DeleGate. Filters commands for FTOXX and FFROMXX
  >getting input from standard input and put output to standard output which is
  >bound for XX.

 |-          Any special consideration for Windows? We have not yet decided to run
 it on Windows or Linux, and I'm sure that file/sock descriptor passing shows some
 differences.

I strongly recommend you to use Linux (Unix) rather than Windows.
Filters on Windows can be slow due to lack of fork(), lack of
socketpair in AF_UNIX domain, special handling for socket handle,
and so on.

  9 9   Yutaka Sato http://delegate.org/y.sato/
  search upper oldest olders older1 this newer1 newers latest