Article delegate-en/4783 of [1-5098] on the server localhost:119
[Reference:]
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

Re: Auto insert the Destination Host
07 Apr 2010 21:37:17 GMT     feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

 |1.Can we don't put the server name when login? Use only patpng7
 |instead of patpng7@mail05..
 |MOUNT="* imap://mail04/*"
 |MOUNT="* imap://mail05/*"

Your configuration does not specify which server should be used for
which user.  It needs to be specified for each user as follows for example:

  MOUNT="patpng7 imap://mail05/patpng7"

 |2.I notice when I created MOUNT of the cfg file, the log able to tell
 |me which server I am in.
 |LOG FILE : 04/07 11:52:08.27 [4969] 2+0: S: iedj NO [ALERT] LOGIN failed:
 |You connected to a wrong mail server, use MAIL05^M

It is interesting to utilize this ALERT for automatic redirection by
DeleGate (without MOUNT) but I cannot find a specification (RFC or so)
on the (standard?) feature of IMAP.

 |How can auto pass the server name during the login? I had a lot
 |of user and I do not wish to tell one by one which server they are in.

I'm not sure but RFC2060 for IMAPv4 says that the ALERT message MUST
be shown to the end-user so that a user may know the server he/her
should use in this case, by the message.

  9 9   Yutaka Sato  http://delegate.org/y.sato/

In message  on 04/07/10(13:10:21)
you "Patrick \(GMAIL\)"  wrote:
 |Dear Sir,
 |
 |I had this problem. I had about 6 imap mail servers. Currently my mail
 |account is inside Nos. 5 server. Each time I login to my mail server using
 |the delegate imap proxy,
 |I need to specify the server name. patpng7@mail05
 |
 |Question:
 |
 |1.Can we don't put the server name when login? Use only patpng7
 |instead of patpng7@mail05..
 |
 |2.I notice when I created MOUNT of the cfg file, the log able to tell
 |me which server I am in.
 |LOG FILE : 04/07 11:52:08.27 [4969] 2+0: S: iedj NO [ALERT] LOGIN failed:
 |You connected to a wrong mail server, use MAIL05^M
 |
 |This the IMAP.cfg
 |
 |TLS=fcl
 |-P993
 |SERVER=imap
 |MOUNT="* imap://mail01/*"
 |MOUNT="* imap://mail02/*"
 |MOUNT="* imap://mail03/*"
 |MOUNT="* imap://mail04/*"
 |MOUNT="* imap://mail05/*"
 |MOUNT="* imap://mail06/*"
 |PERMIT="imap:hstlst1:*"
 |HOSTLIST="hstlst1:mail01,mail02,mail03,mail04,mail05,mail06"
 |
 |How can auto pass the server name during the login? I had a lot
 |of user and I do not wish to tell one by one which server they are in.
 |
 |Rgds
 |
 |Patrick
  search upper oldest olders older1 this newer1 newers latest