Article delegate-en/4791 of [1-5106] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

How to use Delegate to connect to another proxy with authentication?
24 Apr 2010 13:12:46 GMT     Stig_リstvang <pw4jabdyi-bkp3kz2gqlp6.ml@delegate.org>

Hi, all.

Is it possible to use Delegate as a proxy to connect to another proxy with a
fixed set of username/password?

To explain it a bit better, I have a program that needs to to be validated
on Internet. The machine I want to install the program on, is behind a proxy
which needs authentication. The program is supposed to use the settings in
Internet Options (this is a Windows machine), but the program has no way to
enter username and password for a proxy, so it fails the activation. So my
plan was to use Delegate as an intermediary proxy fed with the correct
credentials so that the program connects to Delegate, which already have
been given the correct credentials to access Internet through the second
proxy, to activate the program.

I tried

dg9_9_6.exe -P80 SERVER=http
FORWARD=http://username:password@proxy-address:port

and unticked use proxy in Internet Options, but this didn't work.

Anyone know if what I want to do is possible and how to set it up?

TIA,
Stig

Message sent using Telaen Webmail 1.2.0

  search upper oldest olders older1 this newer1 newers latest