Article delegate-en/4877 of [1-5103] on the server localhost:119
[Reference:]
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

Re: reverse http tunnel with delegate?
16 Jul 2010 19:25:42 GMT     feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

Maybe I missed to interpret your question.
It is technically easy to utilize SSL-tunnel (over a HTTP proxy) to invite
TCP connections from outside, but what is difficult is not there but in
another, legal or ethical, layer.

Yutaka

In message  on 07/17/10(03:41:04) I wrote:
 |In message  on 07/16/10(23:32:58)
 |you "Matthias Waldorf \(Zoom\)"  wrote:
 | |Dear Yutaka,
 | |
 | |this looks good. However, I think I need the opposite way (access the
 | |local files from "outside"). Is this possible with FTPxHTTP, too?
 |
 |It is another dimension.  If you can have a (reverse) HTTP proxy on
 |your gateway host (on the boundary of outside and inside), the answer
 |is yes, of course.
 |
 |Yutaka
 |
 | |Best regards,
 | |
 | |Matthias
 | |
 | |
 | |
 | |
 | |
 | |
 | |Hi,
 | |
 | |In message  on
 | |07/16/10(18:19:35)
 | |you "Matthias Waldorf \(Zoom\)"  wrote:
 | | |I need to transfer files from and to a windows machine behind
 | |firewall.
 | | |The only way outside is a http proxy with a lot of filtering.
 | | |
 | | |Is there to make a directory on that machine accessable from outside?
 | |We
 | | |already tried dropbox.com, but it is filtered by the proxy.
 | | |
 | | |Something like "make local tcp 443 available via reverse http tunnel
 | | |over http proxy to remote machine with a lot of delegate magic"?
 | |
 | |Maybe there are many solutions with/without DeleGate.
 | |If your "transferring file" means getting/putting files or
 | |making/removing
 | |directoies over FTP from a FTP client, then using the "FTPxHTTP" feature
 | |(FTP by HTTP) introduced in DeleGate/9.9.8 might fit your requirement.
 | |It works as follows:
 | |
 | |                   DeleGate                  DeleGate
 | |  FTP ----(FTP)--- FTPxHTTP ----(HTTP)---- FTPxHTTPserver (---
 | |FTPserver)
 | |client      |       client    (or HTTPS)        |
 | |            |                     |       (local-files)
 | |        RETR/STORE                |
 | |        LIST/MSLT            GET for LIST/RETR and others
 | |         MKD/RMD/...         POST for STOR
 | |
 | |See <URL:http://www.delegate.org/mail-lists/delegate-en/04810> for more
 | |details about FTPxHTTP.
 | |
 | |Cheers,
 | |Yutaka
 | |--
 | |  9 9   Yutaka Sato  http://delegate.org/y.sato/
 | | ( ~ )  National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology
 | |_<   >_ 1-1-4 Umezono, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, 305-8568 Japan
 | |Do the more with the less -- B. Fuller
 |
 |Cheers,
 |Yutaka
 |--
 |  9 9   Yutaka Sato  http://delegate.org/y.sato/
 | ( ~ )  National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology
 |_<   >_ 1-1-4 Umezono, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, 305-8568 Japan
 |Do the more with the less -- B. Fuller

  9 9   Yutaka Sato  http://delegate.org/y.sato/
  search upper oldest olders older1 this newer1 newers latest