Article delegate-en/4985 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] POP3 SSL DeleGate Proxy Setup
08 Jul 2011 17:16:16 GMT Alex Fort <ppejqbdyi-t6uzp56unc3r.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Hi,

I'm attempting to set up a POP3 proxy to work with gmail's POP3
server, to enable applications without SSL support to utilize gmail's
POP3 server. This works fine on every machine I want to set this up
on, except for a virtualized production server. Working platforms
include windows server 2003 and a windows server 2008 server, the
machine that isn't working is a virtualized windows server 2008
machine.

Here's the command I'm running, which works perfectly fine on every
server I've tried this on, except the one we really need it to work
on:

`dg9_9_7.exe P110 SERVER=POP FSV=sslway ADMIN=admin@somewhere.com'

This will work perfectly on another server, allowing me to telnet into
port 110 and access gmail's POP3 server with a username formatted
like:  <account>%<domain>@pop.gmail.com:995

However, on the one server we need this set up for in production, when
the above command is run, I get this response:

---- DONT TRY DGROOT for [?] DGROOT=
---- DONT TRY DGROOT for [?] DGROOT=
*** ERROR: NO ACTIVE PORT

I've also run the command with '-fv' and noticed that it says "-P0
READY" on the non-working machine instead of "-P110 READY" when
compared to a working machine. It's almost as if the port isn't being
passed in somehow.. Is this a known problem, or have any of you
encountered something like this before? This same machine is running a
DeleGate SMTP proxy successfully, but this POP3 proxy is failing for
some reason I can't tell.. I've tried specifying which interface to
use with "-P<interface>:port" with no effect either.

I appreciate any help or guidance you can give me.

Thanks,
Alex