From: Yutaka Sato [mailto:
Sent: 28 March 2012 10:34
Subject: Re: [DeleGate-En] DeleGate Proxy forwarding

Hi,

In message
on 03/28/12(01:20:50) you "Gary Burch"
wrote:
 |I was wondering if you could help me with an unusual setup of
DeleGate.
 |I would like to configure it to forward all requests it receives onto
an  |upstream proxy, and to always use a specific username to
authenticate to  |that proxy.  I have tried several combinations of
FORWARD and MYAUTH,  |but I always get a 407 or a 503 error.

I don't think your usage is unusual and I can test it as follows:

## an upstream HTTP proxy that requires User=u and Pass=p delegated
-P9999 -fv SERVER=http AUTHORIZER="-list{u:p}"

## your HTTP proxy forwarding to the upstream proxy with a given auth.
info.
delegated -P9998 -fv SERVER=http PROXY=localhost:9999
MYAUTH="u:p:http-proxy"

## a HTTP client using your proxy
delegated -Fdget -fv PROXY=localhost:9998 http://www.delegate.org -h -c

  9 9   Yutaka Sato (CSDP,ITIL-F,OCUP-A,Security+,ISTQB-F)

  search upper oldest olders older1 this newer1 newers latest