From: Yutaka Sato [mailto:
Sent: 29 March 2012 06:41
Subject: Re: [DeleGate-En] DeleGate Proxy forwarding

Hi,

In message
on 03/29/12(03:15:48)
you "Gary Burch" wrote:
 |Many thanks for your time, but I still seem to be doing something
wrong.
 |I've initialised delegate with:
 |
 |dg9_9_7.exe -P888 -fv SERVER=http PROXY=pxyshf.gb-home.net:8888
 |MYAUTH="GB-HOME\pbtest:Pa55w0rd:http-proxy" ADMIN=admin@gb-home..
 |
 |but the upstream proxy still reports connections forwarded from
DeleGate
 |as anonymous connections.
 |
 |Am I doing something wrong with the Delegate configuration?

I don't know the reason but it should be indicated in the HTTP
messages between your proxy and your upstream proxy.  You can show
the headers in your log output of your proxy by adding the
following parameters.

  FSV=-tee-h-n

You should see

  Proxy-Authorization: Basic ...

in the request message header if successful like the example below:

     1  GET http://www.delegate.org/ HTTP/1.1
     2  Connection: keep-alive
     3  Proxy-Authorization: Basic dTpw
     4  User-Agent: DeleGate/9.9.8-pre18 (dget)
     5  Host: www.delegate.org
     6  Via: 1.1 - (DeleGate/9.9.8-pre18 on WindowsNT)
     7
     1  HTTP/1.1 302 Moved
     2  DeleGate-Ver: 9.9.7 (delay=1)
     3  Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 05:24:09 GMT
     4  Server: DeleGate/9.9.8-pre18
     5  DeleGate-Ver: 9.9.8-pre18 (delay=0)
     6  MIME-Version: 1.0
     7  Content-Type: text/html
     8  Location: http://www.delegate.org/delegate/
     9  Via: 1.1 - (DeleGate/9.9.7)
    10  Expires: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 05:25:09 GMT
    11  Connection: keep-alive, timeout=60, maxreq=60
    13

Otherwize you will see

  Proxy-Authenticate: Basic ...

in the response message header .  There would be so many possible
reasons why your authentication does not work.  For example, it is
possible that the required authentication scheme is not "Basic"

  9 9   Yutaka Sato (CSDP,ITIL-F,OCUP-A,Security+,ISTQB-F)
  search upper oldest olders older1 this newer1 newers latest
Generated:12/18 11:20:33 (0 sec) Expires:12/18 11:20:33 @_@V