In this article, I write a guide for you to send a feedback message
to the forum (to be shared among users and the developer of DeleGate)
There are open forums for DeleGate available at DeleGate's web site:
In English: <URL:http://www.delegate.org/mail-lists/delegate-en/>
forwarded from the entry address <URL:mailto:email@example.com>
In Japanese: <URL:http://www.delegate.org/mail-lists/delegate-ja/>
forwarded from the entry address <URL:mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
There is no "mailing-list" from which you can automatically receive
articles of these forums via mail. It is because maintaining
mailing-lists is a little bit troublesome not by the work for operation
nor maintenance but by the risk of having a large list of personal
E-mail addresses. Fortunately, giving up mailing-lists is good for
you too because you need not to be suffered from the work of discarding
message by message on DeleGate from your mail box :-).
Instead, you can browse and search whole messages of the forum at the
web site, although the user interface seems antique ;-).
But replying to an article in the forum has problems:
- you can't cite the original message possibly with attached data.
- you will want to write a message using your favorite mail tool.
To solve the problems, I implemented an interface to send an original
message of an article to you by mail (in DeleGate/10.0.0). You can
do it in the following steps:
(1) open an article in a forum.
(2) push the "Forward" button.
(3) at the first time, get the password for you by mail.
- push 'Getpass' button in the shown form,
- fill your E-mail address to receive the password and,
- copy the hex-decimal number in the shown image to the text area,
- then push 'Sendpass" button.
- DeleGate will send the password for you by mail.
(4) forward the original mail to you by mail
- fill your E-mail and the password in the form, and push 'Sendmail',
- DeleGate will send the original mail of the article to the E-mail.
- maybe your browser will kindly remember the combination of
E-mail:password for the subsequent times.
(5) you will receive the original mail of the article, then reply it.
- create a reply mail to the mail, then send it.
- the default recipient of the forwarded mail includes the entry
address of the forum, your E-mail, and the DeleGate author's
E-mail, kindly :-)
(6) if your mail is blocked (as a SPAM by Google, the MX of delegate.org)
- try to send your mail to the mail domain 'AT ml DOT delegate DOT org'
instead of "@delegate.org". Your mail will directly reach the
mail server of DeleGate.ORG escaping Google.
9 9 Yutaka Sato (CSDP,ITIL-F,OCUP-A,Security+,ISTQB-F)
( ~ ) National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology
_< >_ 1-1-4 Umezono, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, 305-8568 Japan
Do the more with the less -- B. Fuller