Article delegate-en/714 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: HTTP error request: PO
03 Mar 2000 16:45:23 GMT Horia Georgescu <pbyaabdyi-4kzdkerdoakr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Hi,
Thanks much for your answer. We figured out yesterday the culprit.. We
are about to teach it talk HTTP/1.1 too. :-)

FYI, there is still a strange behaviour which we couldn't
explain/resolve:

Originally we've encountered a total failure, because delegated (sslway)
is not negotiating anything less then 128bit encrypted connections, when
using a 1024bit key length. So, none of the low encryption capable
browsers have worked.

Then we've figured it out and upgraded the browsers, and everythning went
well, testing from the LAN side.
Both IE and Netscape browsers, were able to connect (successfuly) thorugh
SSL (going out through the proxy and then coming back the same way; we
run a "direct" and a "reverse" proxy on the same machine), to both Web
servers.

The mistery started again when we did the real test, from outside the LAN
(from the Internet):

Conecting to our reverse proxy based on delegate (and accepting SSL
connections only) we found that 128 bit capable Netscape browsers worked
just fine, while IE didn't. And after some more testing, we've got IE5
running on NT (with all the latest security patches installed) able to
connect properly to our site. Doing exactly the same thing (applying all
the patches) doesn't do any good to IE5 running on Windows9x. If you can
make any sense of this!

So, thanks again for your help and for your extremely versatile software.

Regards,
Horia Georgescu