Article delegate-en/805 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: proxy access control
24 May 2000 03:01:29 GMT ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato)

On 05/18/00(03:36) you Andrea <pdqbqbdyi-h5qfbmz6rw3r.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A796@delegate-en.ML_>
 |     I'm trying to set up the authorization for the users of the DeleGate
 |proxy server, latest rel. .on linux Slackware 7.
 |
 |I want that only the authenticated users can access the proxy when browsing
 |the Internet.
 |
 |To get the job done I've issued the command:
 |
 |./delegated -P8000 AUTH=proxy,auth PERMIT="*:*.IT:.localnet"
 |
 |when the user introduce username (in the form user@host) and the password
 |when asked by the browser dialog, the logon fails even if the data are
 |correct.
 |
 |The question is: What authenticates the access to the proxy? If I'm wrong
 |with the parameters  passed to delegate what command should I enter to get
 |the job done?

Maybe what you need is like this:

  PERMIT="*:*.it:*@Host" AUTH=proxy:pauth

where "Host" is a (list of) host of a FTP server which acts like
authentication server checking correct username and password pairs.