Article delegate-en/821 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: authentication for ftp proxy?
01 Jun 2000 15:45:43 GMT Paul Reilly <pfybqbdyi-h5qfbmz6rw3r.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Dear Yutaka,

> The difficult situation in FTP is non-anonymous access to target FTP
> server with proxy-authorization.  We must specify two set of user-name
> and pass-word for the target FTP server and the FTP-DeleGate.  Both

Thankyou for that explanation. I think I understand the problem now.
Changing this it would break the FTP protocol, and most clients would not
be able to connect.

> be no natural way to do so based on FTP protocol, though I've thought
> several unnatural solutions...

How unnatural? Would it be possible to do it using another protocol/telnet
say between the client and the delegate server, and then ftp from the
delegate server outwards?

> By the way, I noticed that Telnet-DeleGate do echo the password for
> proxy-authentication since DeleGate/6.1.3.  I'll fix it as enclosed.

Yes. I noticed that.
The patch fixes it beautifully :-)
Thankyou.

Paul