Article delegate-en/855 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] telnet timeout
06 Jul 2000 00:26:36 GMT "Lou Lohman" <pk4bqbdyi-pbcajt5fjb3r.ml@ml.delegate.org>

I have a group that require telnet sessions that don't timeout; at least,
not as quickly as they do under normal circumstances. DeleGate seems to be
an answer, especially as I need to use a private network number on the LAN
where the users are.  Problem is, I don't seem to be able to affect the
timeouts in telnet.  I loaded delegated using the following command line
"delegated -P8190 SERVER=telnet TIMEOUT=telnet:60"; hoping that I could
cause a timeout in 60 seconds.  If I could do that, then I would be able to
increase the value for TIMEOUT to something my users could live with.  It
doesn't seem to work that way.  Can someone tell me what to do here????

Lou

Louis C. Lohman
Manager, Technical Resources - Major Accounts
Kissane Business Systems
Addison, IL 60101
000-000-0006   ext. 359