Articles delegate-en/949-1002 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
range 949 - 1002   digest:
Delegate as an origin nntp-server
  01/05-23:55 . 0949  pwubqbdyi-a3dey5n2zmlr.ml@ml.delegate.org [25]
  I want to use delegate as an origin nntp-server with this command: delegated -P119 SEVER=nntp://-.-/ RELIABLE="192.168.1.0/24" ADMIN="...@.." Ok, it works fine. !! Now I want to use a user identific
Delegate under redhat 7.0
  01/07-03:53 . 0950  RAMI ZALLOUM <pwybqbdyi-a3dey5n2zmlr.ml@ml.delegate.org> [15]
  Mrs, I would like to use the redhat Linux 7.0 as proxy server using delegate proxy. after extracting the directory and the files using gz and tar -xf, and changing the ADMIN variable in the src/Make
Passive FTP on FTP Proxy
  01/08-23:16 . 0951  pw4bqbdyi-a3dey5n2zmlr.ml@ml.delegate.org [12]
  Is there a means to toggle/disable passive FTP on a delegate sever running as an FTP proxy? This is for both the Unix and Win32 Distributions. Main reason being, the FTP deamon/process seems to be d
  01/09-16:38 . 0952  ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato) [21]
  You can disable PASV by FTPCONF=nopasv with DeleGate/6.1.21 or later. <URL:http://www.delegate.org/delegate/Manual.htm> Cheers, Yutaka Yutaka Sato <ysato@delegate.org> http://www.delegate.org/~ysato
How to add time access control?
  01/09-16:53 . 0953  "qiucheng" <pxebqbdyi-a3dey5n2zmlr.ml@ml.delegate.org> [25]
  Dear all, Can I use time access control rule? How to do that? :)
  01/09-17:07 . 0954  ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato) [22]
  <URL:http://www.delegate.org/delegate/Manual.htm#HostList> Cheers, Yutaka Yutaka Sato <ysato@delegate.org> http://www.delegate.org/~ysato/ @ @ Computer Science Division, Electrotechnical Laboratory
Thanks, so... another question :)
  01/09-17:21 . 0955  "qiucheng" <pxebqbdyi-a3dey5n2zmlr.ml@ml.delegate.org> [25]
  Does delegate support delay pool just like squid do and how to configure it?
how to add time access control(2)
  01/11-15:27 . 0956  "qiucheng" <pxebqbdyi-a3dey5n2zmlr.ml@ml.delegate.org> [30]
  Dear all, Using PERMIT="*:-T.9-16:hostList1" PERMIT="*:-T.17-8:hostList2" hostList1 is permitted during office hours whereas hostList2 is permitted non-office hours. But how to solve the problem in
DeleGate/7.0.0 -- reduced data area
  01/11-15:38 . 0957  ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato) [36]
  Dear users, I inform you of the new release of DeleGate available as follows: SITE: ftp://ftp.delegate.org/pub/DeleGate/beta/ FILE: delegate7.0.0.tar.gz DATE: Jan 11 15:15 JST 2001 SIZE: 952582 byte
SMTP proxy and dial-up question
  01/11-21:25 . 0958  "Rolandas Rudomanskis" <pxybqbdyi-a3dey5n2zmlr.ml@ml.delegate.org> [31]
  Hi, Does someone know how to resolve problem with SMTP proxy. When delegate receives a large data file then it forwards to the external server. However we have a dial-up connection from the server (
enhanced time access control
  01/15-11:33 . 0959  "qiucheng" <pxebqbdyi-a3dey5n2zmlr.ml@ml.delegate.org> [1127]
  Hi, everybody and ysato, I added more detailed time access control in the hostlist.c, the new format of time access control is -T.h1 m1-h1 m1-day1-day2, h1 and h2 is the beginning hour and the end h
  01/15-13:38 . 0960  ysato@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato) [99]
  The enclosed patch for DeleGate/7.0.0 will extend the format of "-T" like follows: -T.HH[MM][-HH[MM]] -T.wWHH[MM][-HH[MM]] ... W=[0-6] -T.uUHH[MM][-HH[MM]] ... U=[1-7] For example, -T.w6-0 or -T.u6-
Changin user in the POP and IMAP proxy
  01/17-19:39 . 0961  Christian Couder <pyebqbdyi-a3dey5n2zmlr.ml@ml.delegate.org> [11]
  Hi, I saw in the example that it is possible to change the server in a POP proxy with something like : MOUNT="user1 pop://host1/*" but I would like to change the user instead of the server so that f
Delegate7 with FreeBSD4.2 (compiles wthout an error)
  01/17-21:23 . 0962  pwubqbdyi-a3dey5n2zmlr.ml@ml.delegate.org [14]
  Today I tried the new Version of delegate7 on FreeBSD 4.2. It compiles without an error. Quite good. Thanks for the Product. !!! Does anybody have an answer for my question 949 in the posting. ??? T
Request (very simple)
  01/18-01:29 . 0963  Michele Vignali <pymbqbdyi-a3dey5n2zmlr.ml@ml.delegate.org> [15]
  I don't know if this feature already exists, but... is it possible to redirect a communication using the source ip address ? That is I want to redirect different subnet on different server using the
Changin user in the POP and IMAP proxy
  01/18-02:43 . 0964  Christian Couder <pyebqbdyi-a3dey5n2zmlr.ml@ml.delegate.org> [134]
  Hi, I made a patch to fill my needs and perhaps it can be usefull to others and/or integrated into DeleGate. My patch create a new -U config option and use it in the pop.c file to modify the user. F
Can delegate support FTP FXP Mode?
  01/18-13:05 . 0965  "qiucheng" <pxebqbdyi-a3dey5n2zmlr.ml@ml.delegate.org> [29]
  Dear ysato, Can delegate support Site to Site(fxp) mode in FTP proxy? How to fullfill it? Thanks :) qiucheng
Changin user in the POP and IMAP proxy
  01/18-13:49 . 0966  ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato) [31]
  This will be done in these versions with parameters like this: SERVER=pop MOUNT="[^@]* pop://YourPopServer/*[%0@titi..]" Yes, I must correct or write something about this in "Manual.htm"... The patt
  01/18-14:37 . 0967  ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato) [53]
  I noticed that above "[^@]" is not necessary, that is just like SERVER=pop MOUNT="* pop://YourPopServer/*[%0@titi..]" will work too. The reason why a user name with "@host" is not rewriten by MOUNT=
Request (very simple)
  01/18-14:53 . 0968  ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato) [27]
  Selecting target server for each source client can be done with SERVER or MOUNT parameter: [Manual.htm] See Manual.htm for a little more details. Cheers, Yutaka Yutaka Sato <ysato@delegate.org> http
Delegate as an origin nntp-server
  01/18-16:37 . 0969  ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato) [67]
  Since there seems be several authentication and authorization protocols under standardization, I will support the most appropriate one in future... Also, you might feel the "SSLway" of DeleGate is u
Can delegate support FTP FXP Mode?
  01/18-17:51 . 0970  ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato) [17]
  As far as I know, FXP has nothing to do with proxy server. It is realized by a FTP client which connects to two FTP servers simultaneously, establish a data connection between them (using PASV for a
Changin user in the POP and IMAP proxy
  01/18-18:37 . 0971  Christian Couder <pyebqbdyi-a3dey5n2zmlr.ml@ml.delegate.org> [68]
  Will something like SERVER=imap MOUNT="* imap://MyImapServer/*[%0@titi..]" will work too ? I will test it anyway and tell you if it doesn't. Thanks very much for your help and your great work. (Domo
  01/18-19:24 . 0972  ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato) [56]
  Hi, Yes, it will because the code of MOUNT for IMAP is almost a copy of that of POP (and must be unified with that in future...) But unfortunately, it will not work when "user@host" is given by clie
Antwort: Re: [DeleGate-En] Delegate as an origin nntp-server
  01/18-19:25 . 0973  ps4babdyi-a3dey5n2zmlr.ml@ml.delegate.org [11]
  Thank you very much for the detailed instructions. Now I am able to handle it. Ciao Thomas
Changin user in the POP and IMAP proxy
  01/18-19:57 . 0974  Christian Couder <pyebqbdyi-a3dey5n2zmlr.ml@ml.delegate.org> [40]
  Thanks but it seems to be a patch against delegate7.0.0. Will it work for delegate6.1.22 or should I switch to 7.0.0 ? I would prefer not to switch because of the beta status of 7.0.0... No problem,
  01/18-20:20 . 0975  ysato@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato) [20]
  I think so because I did not introduce any incompatibility to 7.0.0 from 6.1.22. But the patch have to be applied manually because the source code is rewriten in whole. So far, after a week of beta
DeleGate+SSLWay as a Win2000 service
  01/19-00:43 . 0976  ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato 佐藤豊) [33]
  Hi, This problem migiht have to be fixed by adding the environment variable to the list of variables to be inherited to DeleGaet as a service ... (at least the error message should be modified) but
Can delegate support FTP FXP Mode?
  01/19-05:05 . 0977  ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato) [29]
  Sorry, maybe this was my misunderstanding ;-) DeleGate as a FTP proxy convert both ports for PASV of server and PORT of client to the port of DeleGate, to make relay the data connection between serv
  01/19-05:32 . 0978  ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato) [58]
  The enclosed patch for DeleGate/7.0.0 adds FTPCONF=nodata option which disables data connection relay, which may be useful (mainly) for FXP proxying. Cheers, Yutaka Yutaka Sato <ysato@delegate.org>
Broken link in www.delegate.org
  01/19-07:05 . 0979  Roy Bryant <ppmbqbdyi-a3dey5n2zmlr.ml@ml.delegate.org> [22]
  There appears to be a problem on this page of your site. On your page http://www.delegate.org/delegate/updates/ when you click on your link to http://www/ you get the error: Domain name lookup faile
Changing user instead of server, again
  01/19-19:25 . 0980  Christian Couder <pyebqbdyi-a3dey5n2zmlr.ml@ml.delegate.org> [84]
  Hi again, I tested this (with delegate 6.1.22 and 7.0.0) and it doesn't work exacty as I want. The behavior I get is the following: 'USER toto' is rewritten as 'pop://localhost/toto@titi.com' and th
DeleGate+SSLWay as a Win2000 service
  01/19-19:30 . 0981  "Dmitri A. Martynoff" <p2ubqbdyi-a3dey5n2zmlr.ml@ml.delegate.org> [15]
  Mr. Yutaka Sato, Thank you for quick answer. Hope this information will appear in http://www.delegate.org/delegate/sll too. With respect, Dmitri A. Martynoff. server-key.pem
Using DeleGate on NT for SSL telnet access
  01/20-03:04 . 0982  Peter Steele <p2ybqbdyi-a3dey5n2zmlr.ml@ml.delegate.org> [215]
  I want to use DeleGate 7.0.0 on an NT server to provide secure telnet access to the box. I am running delegate using dg -v -P992 -cert server-cert.pem FCL=sslway SERVER=telnet://<host-ip-address>:23
Can one instance of DeleGate filter mulitple ports?
  01/20-09:30 . 0983  Peter Steele <p2ybqbdyi-a3dey5n2zmlr.ml@ml.delegate.org> [71]
  I want to use DeleGate to control all access to an NT system. Do I need to launch separate instances of delegate to manage each of the services I want to control or can I do it all in one command li
Starting DeleGate as service doesn't work
  01/20-09:59 . 0984  Peter Steele <p2ybqbdyi-a3dey5n2zmlr.ml@ml.delegate.org> [77]
  If I start a delegate daemon using the command line dg -v -P992 FCL=sslway SERVER=telnet://<host-ip-address>:23 ADMIN=localhost DGROOT=c:\winnt subsequent SSL connections to 992 work as expected. Ho
Changing user instead of server, again
  01/22-14:57 . 0985  ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato) [69]
  Then add one more MOUNT like this: MOUNT="//* pop://localhost/*[%1@%0]" The input from client like "USER foo@bar" will be rewritten into canonical form "//bar/foo" then MOUNTED to "pop://localhost/f
  01/22-18:12 . 0986  Christian Couder <pyebqbdyi-a3dey5n2zmlr.ml@ml.delegate.org> [60]
  I see. I suppose this will work fine indeed. I understand. The problem here is that the 'toto' part can change too. In fact I would like the above rewrites to work for any 'toto' and any 'stuff'. Co
  01/23-00:55 . 0987  ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato) [38]
  Hi, I think I've got a clearly specified requirement at last, but it might be extended yet :) Another mechanism for arbitrary rewriting in completely user defined way, external filter, may be desira
  01/23-02:04 . 0988  Christian Couder <pyebqbdyi-a3dey5n2zmlr.ml@ml.delegate.org> [50]
  Hi, Sorry, but you know I still don't know exactly what my client want, and I think my client don't even know himself what he wants :) When I first looked at DeleGate, I tryed to use FTOSV and FFROM
Is there SSH version for Delegate
  01/23-07:31 . 0989  Rajiv Dulepet <p3ubqbdyi-a3dey5n2zmlr.ml@ml.delegate.org> [45]
  Hi Is there a SSH version of Delegate similar SSL version (SSLWAY) that I can incorporate for Telnet etc? Thanks, Rajiv
Help!..
  01/23-11:59 . 0990  "Rikki Tamayo" <p3ybqbdyi-a3dey5n2zmlr.ml@ml.delegate.org> [84]
  Hello I have A problem with setting up delegate to do the following services 1. Caching Http Proxy server 2. FTP Proxy Server 3. POP Proxy 4. SMTP Proxy 5. Caching DNS Server 6. Socks Proxy We need
Patch to use an external script to rewrite the url
  01/23-20:49 . 0991  Christian Couder <pyebqbdyi-a3dey5n2zmlr.ml@ml.delegate.org> [156]
  Hi again, In my last mail I suggested an option to use an external script to rewrite the url. Here is a patch to do it. It is perhaps not very clean, but it works at least for me using pop. I used '
DeleGate+SSLWay as a Win2000 service
  01/24-00:33 . 0992  "Dmitri A. Martynoff" <p2ubqbdyi-a3dey5n2zmlr.ml@ml.delegate.org> [9]
  Mr. Yutaka Sato, Please explain, can the SSLWay read cerificates in .pfx format? IIS 5.0 does not export private keys in .pem. Or, may be some recoding program is available to make .pem from .pfx? W
  01/24-01:23 . 0993  ysato@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato) [17]
  Although I don't know about PFX, I can use search engines (my favorite one is google.com :) to find pages about PFX to/from PEM conversion like <URL:http://www.openssl.org/docs/apps/pkcs12.html> Che
Is there SSH version for Delegate
  01/24-16:07 . 0994  ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato) [39]
  Hi, I think "SSHway" specialized for DeleGate is not so necessary because there are other ways to utilize SSH with DeleGate. First, so called "port forwarding" of SSH can be used to relay the commun
BUG: clear cache
  01/24-16:56 . 0995  Steffen Kaiser <p4mbqbdyi-a3dey5n2zmlr.ml@ml.delegate.org> [39]
  Hello, delegate/6.1.22 on Sparc/Solaris 7. The call includes the option: CRON="0 3 * * * -expire +4" However delegate does not remove nothing, the only thing in the logfile is this ($DGROOT/log/expi
  01/26-17:03 . 0996  ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato) [83]
  Hi, On 01/24/01(16:56) you Steffen Kaiser <p4mbqbdyi-a3dey5n2zmlr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote in <_A995@delegate-en.ML_> A simple solution for a while is specifying the cache directry with a full path
Can memory usage be reduced?
  01/27-08:39 . 0997  Peter Steele <p2ybqbdyi-a3dey5n2zmlr.ml@ml.delegate.org> [73]
  We're considering delegate as a way to provide SSL for our customized HTTP/XML server. Our server runs on Windows NT so we're using the NT version of delegate. The problem we've seen in initial test
Is there SSH version for Delegate
  01/27-09:16 . 0998  Peter Steele <p2ybqbdyi-a3dey5n2zmlr.ml@ml.delegate.org> [157]
  My impression is that this solution wouldn't work under Windows NT. Is this true? "Yutaka Sato" <ysato@etl.go.jp> wrote in message news:wRdZm.ysato@etl.go.jp... can
Client ( HTTP || HTTPS ) <--> Delegate <--> Web ( HTTP || HTTPS ). How to?
  01/30-02:03 . 0999  "Luis 'Champs' de Carvalho" <p44bqbdyi-a3dey5n2zmlr.ml@ml.delegate.org> [40]
  Hy, Mr. Yutaka Sato, hy list people. I'm wondering about how to build a configuration for this (wonderfull) proxy to make a funny kind of magic... i have a private network with no possibility (or in
Delegate 6.1.20/21 on RHL6 NPH
  01/31-02:57 . 1000  Mike Kovacs <p5abqbdyi-a3dey5n2zmlr.ml@ml.delegate.org> [63]
  YS and other gents: We are attempting to build an app located behind a v6.1.20 Delegate server. The application uses some file xfers, etc which take time to do. Although not explicitly setup this wa
Can memory usage be reduced?
  01/31-10:13 . 1001  Peter Steele <p2ybqbdyi-a3dey5n2zmlr.ml@ml.delegate.org> [113]
  I see no one has replied to my posting. Has no one else had memory concerns with DeleGate, particularly under NT? Peter Steele "Peter Steele" <p2ybqbdyi-a3dey5n2zmlr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote in mes
BUG: clear cache
  01/31-17:50 . 1002  Steffen Kaiser <p4mbqbdyi-a3dey5n2zmlr.ml@ml.delegate.org> [19]
  I have incorporated the patch into v6.1.22 and it works. Thanks! Steffen Kaiser
Generated:12/16 20:39:31 (2 sec) Expires:12/17 02:39:29 @_@V