Full Text Search Engine
in cooperation with proxy server
FreyaSX is a full-text search engine integrated with
a proxy server DeleGate.
The engine is developed based on
which is created by Mr.
FreyaSX is under development by Y. Sato who is the author of
So far, FreyaSX includes the following extensions and modifications.
- porting for recent Gcc and platforms (MacOSX, Linux, ARM-Linux, Windows)
- simplified installation and indexing
- a tenth faster indexer and retriever
- indexing about 100,000 words per second for HTML documents
- What is necessary
- - FreyaSX+DeleGate ftp://ftp.delegate.org/pub/freyasx/freyasx.tar.gz (2.7MB)
- C++ compiler and standard Unix commands
- Installation procedure (it takes several minutes)
gzip -d < freyasx.tar.gz | tar xf -
(set environment variables PATH and FSXHOME here)
- Make an index of your mail folders and search in it
any2fdif -r $HOME/Mail | findex mail
[open in your browser] http://host:8880/fsx/search?index=mail
- Download the contents of a remote server and search in it
any2fdif -r http://www.delegate.org/freyasx | findex sx
fsearch sx "freya*"
[open in your browser] http://host:8880/fsx/search?index=sx
(1) Searching in RFC documents:
(2) Searching across two mailing-lists on DeleGate.
Yutaka Sato <y DOT sato AT delegate DOT org>